With St. Patty's Day coming up this week, I find it only appropriate to add my own personal touch to the mix of green recipes out there. Although I prefer to chew my food, I've been on a mission lately to alkalize my body on a deep level. If you are eating a lot of cooked foods, consuming alcohol, coffee, or processed foods; if you've been through your threshold of stress, inflammation, weight gain, or skin conditions, there's a very good chance that your body is jonsing for some cellular love.
We were designed to chew our food; however, consuming a small amount of liquid nutrition is appropriate for those with a challenged digestive system or who want to experience immediate absorption of nutrients. Having a green drink each day allows for the nutrients to feed your blood and service your body in a heightened manner. That said, this is not a substitute for solid food as we need a balance of everything.
This blood building green drink will alkalize your blood, cleanse your digestive system and liver, and feed your immune system.
For a 2 Days Supply you will need:
- 2 liters of filtered water
- 1 lemon
- 1-1.5 cup flat leaf parsley, leaves
- 1 Persian Cucumber, chopped
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (optional)
Grate the lemon peel and add to water along with the juice of the lemon (not the rind)
Add parsley and chopped cucumber, and sea salt.
Blend on high for about 90 seconds until everything is completely combined
Divide amongst 2 32-ounce Mason Jars and store in the refrigerator.
I find these are best absorbed first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or in between meals.
- Cancer Prevention: High in flavonoids and chlorophyll helping to prevent skin cancer
- Diabetes Prevention: Lowers blood sugar and reduces insulin resistance
- Bone Health: Very high in Vitamin K improving bone health by helping absorb calcium and reducing Calcium excretion via Urine
- Beta Carotene: Fights Free Radicals
- Supports Kidney and Urinary Function
- Anti-inflammatory: Reduces joint and muscle pain
- Improved Digestive function: Relaxes stiff muscles thereby encouraging digestion and reducing constipation, IBS, gas, and Acid Reflux
- Iron--Feeds the blood and fights anemia
- Cleanses and purifies the skin
- Boosts immunity, reduces oxidative stress and free radicals
- High in Vitamin C and Potassium
- Alkalizes the blood
- Liver/Gall Bladder--liquefies bile and cleanses the liver.
- Increases peristalsis encouraging regularity and eliminations
- Extremely Hydrating....90% water
- Flushes Toxins
- High in Vitamins A,B, & C which boosts immunity
- High in Minerals Magnesium, Potassium, & Silicon <--skin friendly minerals
- Reduces muscle and joint pain
- Lowers Uric Acid improving kidney function
- Aids in weight loss
The combination of these foods together, blended, is both cleansing for the digestive system and purifying for the blood. Chlorophyll matches the blood almost identically.....so the way to feed the blood is by consuming highly nutrient dense foods. But if you struggle with autoimmunity or a compromised digestive system, chances are you are not absorbing as much as you could be. This is a fantastic way to make sure your body is getting what it needs and eliminating what it doesn't need.
Green drinks along with your cleansing protocol help to expedite removal of waste from the intestines, lymph, and blood.....which is exactly where our health begins and ends.
To Your Health!!